By Gina Kennedy

By Gina Kennedy

FUN "MONA LISA" and "Leonardo da Vinci" ART HISTORY ENRICHMENT PROJECT

With a demanding core curriculum teachers face these days, art history lessons are rarely taught in the elementary grades so a few times a year I have my students work on enrichment projects that introduce them to famous paintings or artists.  The "Mona Lisa" study guide project is one of my favorite and theirs.  The students read a short passage about the the history of the painting and answer questions, then they work on a "parody art project" of the Mona Lisa which can be found at Kathy Barbro's "Art Projects for Kids" site at the link below: 



I have included the link to this  site as well in the students guide and I have included research questions for them to complete about Leonardo da Vinci. This entire project is free and can be downloaded HERE