By Gina Kennedy

By Gina Kennedy

What Costume Would Your Principal Wear at Halloween?

     I love open ended writing invitations; but I couldn't resist assigning this Halloween prompt to my students this week:  "The Craziest Halloween Ever Was When My Principal Dressed Up As A....".
     Their stories were amazing as always; but with the thought of seeing their principal on Halloween night, they came up with absolutely wonderful tales. However, they were also equally involved in designing their illustrations for what he may look like dressed up in his costume.
     I made copies of our principals head, glued them onto 3 ft x 4 ft white butcher block paper and allowed the students to design his costume after they had completed their story.  
     I've included a link to the "Freebie" resource below if you'd like to try this in your classroom.